Valuation M&A Manager (m/f)
Our client is an independent, Luxembourg-based Corporate Finance and Strategy advisory boutique serving an array of client groups in Luxembourg and abroad, predominantly alternative investment funds on valuations as well as corporates, SMEs, entrepreneurs and families on strategic, operational and transactional mandates. Clients include most reputable names and brands within diversified industries.
Our client is currently looking for a Valuation / M&A Manager with 4 to 8 years of experience to strengthen the team. The selected candidate will support efforts to drive growth of the practice, focusing primarily on the following responsibilities:
Active participation in the execution of diversified Corporate Finance and Strategy mandates, including:
- Valuation and valuation related advisory (e.g. performing valuations on a wide range of companies and assets using discounted cash flow, market multiples and other methodologies as required; elaborating valuation models and drafting of valuation reports; elaborating options models based on Black & Scholes model, Binomial model or Monte-Carlo simulations; analysing the NAV of investment funds; drafting of valuation policies and procedures).
- M&A advisory on buy side and sell side assignments (e.g. elaborating potential buyer, investor, and other target lists; drafting information memorandums and other marketing documents; elaborating red-flag reports; managing transaction logistics, including the preparation of status reports and the handling of electronic data rooms).
- Financial analysis as well as business-planning and -modelling (e.g. performing financial analyses on client companies, public companies and comparable transaction targets; elaboration of detailed and dynamic business models).
- Research target industries, market and competitor information (e.g. gathering and synthesising industry information from various research sources including trade publications, industry and equity analyst reports).
Contribution to the research and market monitoring activity (e.g. reviewing regulatory reports including AIFMD reports, Central Bank reports, US GAAP, IFRS and other accounting standard updates, new technological tools).
Assistance on the elaboration of pitchbooks and marketing materials.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics from a renowned university or business school. Professional qualifications, including CFA, CAIA, FMVA or ACCA are a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: English and French are mandatory, knowledge of additional European languages is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular Excel, PowerPoint, and Word. Power-BI is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years of Corporate Finance work experience, ideally in a Big4/Investment Bank environment or a Corporate Finance boutique.
- Strong valuation expertise (technical knowledge and proven track-record on use of valuation methodologies including DCF, DDM, Trading- and Transaction Multiples, Option Pricing Models, …).
- Understanding and knowledge of the Luxembourg economic environment and its main actors or « ready to learn ».
- Team player who can collaborate and communicate effectively with team, clients and other service providers.
- Self-starter with resourceful mindset who is able to work collaboratively in a high performing team, takes ownership of responsibilities and projects, is result-oriented and flexible.
- Strong analytical thinker who is detail-oriented, practical and skilled at issue spotting and problem solving.
- Ability to work on multiple assignments and prioritise work in a fast-paced and complex business environment.
Our client offers a competitive package including salary, performance-based bonus, work-life balance and training opportunities.
For more information please contact Julia DUCHI or Nicolas HURLIN by phone on +352 26 29 45 20 23
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.