Our client is a Luxembourg’s leading IT services provider offering first-class services related to housing, datacentrer and telecom solutions. Our client is offering its services to national and international customers. In this context we are looking for a System Engineer specialised in VMware.
As a System Engineer, you will provide IT support, expertise server, virtual machine and storage management. You will be in charge of installing, maintaining, and improving Servers, including Windows and Linux, both physically and virtually.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Plan, build, manage and maintain datacenter network components, devices and services.
- Configure, administrate and monitor the infrastructure to make services available, efficient and adapted to the needs of the clients.
- Manage the virtualized infrastructure using mainly and intensively VMware technology.
- Take into account future evolutions in terms of quantity and functionality.
- Secure infrastructure elements according to security guidelines.
- Developing and updating standard operating procedures and user guides.
- Performing daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all the hardware, resources, virtual resources, systems and key processes.
- Identify and take ownership of initiatives to improve the VMware infrastructure.
- You have ideally minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar position.
- You hold Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Computer Science with a focus on Virtualization, Telecom or Network.
- You have strong troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A recent VMware certification would be considered as an asset.
- You are perfectly fluent in English. Any other European language is a plus.
- You are motivated and result-oriented, but also a “people” person.
- You have the ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment.
- You pay attention to details and you are able to multitask.
For more information please contact Zach Traer by phone on +352 26 29 45 24.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.