Our client is currently looking forward to strengthening its teams by hiring a Head of Unit (m/f) who responsible for structural composites.
The role requires a full presence in Luxembourg.
The right candidate will demonstrate a relevant scientific background (PhD + publications and patents, if applicable) gained in either the public or the private sector and excellent managerial skills for leading a team of 20 people.
- the design and the durability of high performance and multi-functional composites based on advanced modelling expertise
- interface engineering towards better performance and durability.
Strategy definition and implementation for the group including: road map preparation, development of a pipeline of innovative products and development of national, regional and international collaborations, partnerships and joint projects;
Team management (leading RDI group leaders, setting KPIs for the team; appraisals, coaching and people development);
Finance and administration (funding acquisition, network development and fund management);
Continue to build his/her scientific and technological expertise.
- Holder of a PhD Degree in either Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or a related field, such as Mechanical Engineering Science;
- Expertise in tailoring and processing composite materials towards the achievement of specific and enhanced properties through both experimental and numerical approaches;
- Excellent command of English; any other language is a plus.
- At least 15 years of post-doctoral experience;
- Experienced in both industrial and academic world (high number of publications + patents, if applicable);
- Demonstrated experience in team leadership and project management within a competitive academic or industrial RDI environment;
- Significant experience in people management;
- Excellent track record in being a partner in risk-taking and delivering innovative solutions;
- Experience in funding acquisition.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation (from PhD students to C-level),
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities,
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills,
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
Documents to provide when applying for this role (mandatory):
- Motivation letter
- 2 or 3 reference letters or names of referees
- A list of publications, invited talks, patents, PhD supervisions and granted projects.
For more information please feel free to contact Marilyn Hurlin by phone on +352 26 29 45 21 or Miriam Barosco on +352 26 29 45 22.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.