Our client is looking to strengthen its teams by hiring a Head of Unit (m/f) responsible for the environmental and industrial biotechnologies activities.
The role requires a full presence in Luxembourg and may include punctual business trips (conference, meetings, etc).
The right candidate will demonstrate a relevant scientific background (PhD + publications) gained in the private sector and excellent managerial skills for leading a team of +/-30 people.
The candidate is responsible for the overall management, coordination and performance of the activities of the team that includes the following:
- Strategy definition and implementation:
- Propose a strategic plan and a road map at short, mid and long term,
- Develop and maintain a pipeline of innovative products and services, transferable to the private and public sector;
- Develop relevant external collaborations, partnerships and network.
- Team Management:
- Define relevant KPIs for the teams,
- Appraise team leaders, promote personal development and cooperation amongst teams;
- Be an inspirational leader by living up to highest standards in research and innovation, people and resource management.
- Unit Administration:
- Ensure the financial follow-up of the performance;
- Propose and implement Capex investments,
- Continue to build his/her scientific and technological expertise.
- Holder of a PhD Degree in biotechnologies, bioengineering, bioprocessing or related field of biotechnologies and green chemistry, respectively a degree in life sciences with a specialisation in biotechnologies or environmental applications,
- Excellent command of English, any other languages is considered as a plus;
- Sound knowledge of both the industrial and academic world (high number of publications + ability to manage PhD students),
- Strong experience in building relationships with industries, a previous experience in a RTO is definitively an asset;
- At least 20 years of relevant professional experience in team leadership and project management within a competitive academic or industrial R&D environment;
- Proven experience in terms of cooperation with the industrial sector industry;
- Solid experience in developing innovative research and bringing new technological solutions, processes or bio-based products to the market;
- Significant experience in people management (team of +20 people),
- Excellent track record in in building strategy, vision and development plan of a similar organisation;
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation (from PhD students to C-level),
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities,
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills,
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving.
Documents to provide when applying for this role (mandatory) :
- Motivation letter
- 2 or 3 reference letters or names of referees
- A list of publications, invited talks, patents, PhD supervisions and granted projects.
For more information please feel free to contact Marilyn Hurlin by phone on +352 26 29 45 21.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.