Our client is a leading and expanding Private Equity company operating in the Sustainable Investment segment (environment, resources efficiency, health). Our client has developed a solid network of investors and investments in Benelux, Switzerland and France. We have been mandated to recruit a Financial Accountant & Controller / mid-level CFO (5 to 10 years of experience required, full time or part time up to 80%).
You manage financial, accounting and corporate activities related to a private equity asset management company. In terms of career path on a mid-term basis, the position may offer the opportunity to be involved in corporate and financial structuring for the funds and portfolio companies or to become at medium term the CFO depending on the potential and the achievements of the candidate.
On the financial and accounting side, you will be responsible for:
- Reviewing the accounts, the payroll and the tax declarations prepared by the fiduciary and ensuring it complies with the legislation and internal rules.
- Coordinating the financial matters with internal and external counterparties.
- Monitoring and reviewing with the accounting provider, auditors, tax advisors for any finance and accounting information needed.
- Controlling the overall accounting and legal documents and liaise with advisors / administrators on monthly, quarterly and annual VAT returns and financial statements.
- Executing bank transfers and clients’ invoices.
- Managing treasury updated reports and cash-flows forecast reviews.
- Coordinating with external auditors.
- Preparing the subscription documents and the capital calls.
- Following-up and analyzing the financial flows related to the investments of the funds.
- Managing the financial reviews of the semi-annual reports (regarding investment funds and final clients).
On the corporate side, you will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Legal Director in preparing regulatory reporting for the CSSF and monitoring the regulatory and third parties’ covenants.
- Organising general assembly, board and investment committee meetings, preparing agendas and minutes.
- Drafting and coordinating administrative documents with the investors.
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers (fiduciaries, lawyers, tax advisors, insurance brokers, etc…).
- Updating and monitoring internal procedures.
- Managing administrative files for the top-management (contracts, reports, timesheet, etc…).
- Managing tasks related to office management and administration.
- You have an accounting or financial controlling background in the investment funds industry.
- You have 5 to 10 years of experience preferably in a Big four or a PE/RE company.
- You are graduated (Master level) in economics, law or finance.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills, solid analytical skills and ability to work well both autonomously and in a multicultural team environment.
- Strong IT skills (Excel, financial analysis).
- You are very well organized and used to work in a team (collaborative work is crucial).
- You feel conformable to work in a small company where multitasking is required.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
For more information, please contact Nicolas Hurlin by phone on +352 26 29 45 20.
THE RECRUITER is a recruitment and executive search company specialised in ICT – Telecoms – Digital – Cleantech – Services & Industry. THE RECRUITER empowers companies in their recruitment and HR projects, trusting that Human Factor, thanks to committed, motivated and implicated people, will bring success and added value in any business. THE RECRUITER defines its core values as: transparency, flexibility, professionalism and commitment. We apply these rules to any HR project we are in charge of.
The Recruiter is fully confidential and leads with ethic, professionalism and dedication assigned recruitment missions.